Mandarin Orange and Hatch Chile Eye of Round Roast Recipe from World Ag Expo Demonstration
Executive Chef Reagan Roach will be cooking up a tasty eye of round roast at the 50th World Ag Expo at noon on February 15th. Watch the cooking demonstration in the Women’s Pavillion and grab a sample afterward!
Mandarin Orange and Hatch Chile Eye of Round Roast
- 2 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup hatch chile jelly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ea onion, chopped
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, peeled and diced
- 4 pounds eye of round roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the orange juice, vinegar, orange marmalade, hatch chile jelly, onion, salt and diced mandarins. Stir together and bring to a boil. Then remove from heat, cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Place roast in a 9×13 inch baking dish, pour chilled marinade over roast, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the roast in the skillet and sear the meat, browning well on all sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste, return meat to the baking dish and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until internal temp reads 125 degrees F. Remove from oven and let meat rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, transfer the sauce from the baking dish into a medium saucepan over medium heat along with any leftover marinade.
- Glaze the meat with the sauce then slice and serve.